||Financial Service Center (FSC) Senior Teller
The Primary function of the FSC Senior Teller is to provide superior banking services to customers in a timely and professional manner, to expand the customer base through successful selling techniques, and to perform all the tasks associated with the direct handling of funds received or paid to customers in day-to-day banking transactions. The FSC Senior Teller is responsible for the operational integrity of the teller line. The FSC Senior Teller accepts ownership of customer questions and problems directed toward him/her and sees all such issues through to their resolution. The FSC Senior Teller serves as “acting Supervisor.
The FSC Senior Teller is responsible for the accurate, efficient and courteous processing of all customer transactions in accordance with Bank policies and procedures and for ensuring the efficient and accurate running of operational tasks and responsibilities. Additionally, the FSC Senior Teller understands and promotes the sale of NexTier products and services to satisfy customer needs. In addition to the specific duties listed below, the FSC Senior Teller performs all other related duties as assigned.
60% Operational Supervision/Tasks
20% Sales/Customer Service
20% Operational Coaching
- Managers day-to-day operational tasks and tactics
- Delegates operational responsibilities
- Responsible for the operational integrity of the Branch, including completion of satisfactory audits
- Meets operational goals and audit requirements
- Acts as back up to Retail Manager
- Oversees teller activities and tasks
- Operates teller window and processes customer transactions correctly and efficiently
- Is designated vault teller and handles daily balancing of vault
- Maintains branch cash limits
- Able to handle all branch opening and closing procedures
- Verifies the identity of unknown customer.
- Completes Currency Transaction Reports when system generates.
- Balances cash drawer daily.
- Analyzes and corrects out of balance conditions for self and assists Tellers.
- Follows branch facility security procedures.
- Completes ATM Card applications.
- Completes and submits ATM “Disputed Transaction Requests” and “ATM Transaction Denial Claim” forms.
- Settles ATM machine (daily) and makes “Captured Card Log” entries.
- Reconciles ATM Machine (weekly) and submits “Captured Card Log”
- Authorized to Sign Cashier’s Checks
- Certified to complete Signature Guarantees
- Notifies staff of any urgent messages, customer situations, or process changes in a timely manner.
- Passes on information on all difficult, pending, complex, or otherwise “out of the ordinary” customer service situations to the branch’s Retail Manager
- Responsible for the review and communication of all “Ops Lowdown” information
- Notifies Retail Manager of any out of balance situations
- Offers suggestions for improvement in Branch operations and Sales to the branch’s Retail Manager
- Assists Retail Manager in cultivating a sales culture in the branch
- Meets individual sales goals
- Ensures exceptional results in customer surveys and mystery shops
- Opens new deposit accounts
- Takes Loan Applications and handles loan closings
- Operational guidance of the Branch. .
- Works with Retail Manager on any Teller Operational issues
- Conducts in Branch operational training and ensures that the staff is properly trained
- Monitors the customer service staff’s knowledge of and compliance with all Bank policies and procedures
- Meets with Retail Manager to establish operational performance expectations for all tellers
- Knowledge of Personal Computer basics and fundamentals of typing.
- Knowledge of Bank product services, sales principles and techniques.
- Ability to maintain a professional appearance.
- Ability to communicate effectively and tactfully.
- Knowledge of NexTier Retail Sales System.
- Ability to count, organize, and balance cash.
- Knowledge of bank policies and procedures.
- Customer Focus
- Trust and Integrity
- Two to five years work experience
- Two to three years of bank-related experience, retail sales preferred
- High School Diploma or Equivalency.
- Teller curriculum.
To apply please email your resume, application¹, and AA-EEO¹ form to HR@thebank.com.
Go back to job listings